Thursday, June 23, 2005

If You're a Control Freak...

...DON'T LOSE YOUR KEYS!!! I swear, I can lose anything, anywhere, at any time. Somewhere between the car and the bedroom I have lost my car keys, office keys (both home AND work), house keys, and the keys to my garage freezer and mini-fridge. This is not a happy time. I pulled into the garage, and I had several items to carry in: two stacks of papers for work, a bag of bagels, and my purse. The papers went onto a shelf in the bedroom. The bagels went on top of the shelf inside the bedroom door, then later into the kitchen. The purse went to its normal spot. The keys, however, are nowhere to be found. I remember turning off the ignition, and they are not IN the ignition...but after that...NOTHING. LT and I spent about three hours looking for them last night...under the bed, IN the bed, in the couch, in the kitchen, in the laundry, in any boxes, in all of my handbags, behind the shelves. Nada. And Rachel, we checked the fridge at your request...no keys there either. So, if anyone has suggestions as to weird places that keys may get to, please post them. I am running out of ideas.

4 Comments:

Blogger ET said...

Yes...checked all over the car, under the seats, between the seats, in the ignition...I even checked the sunglasses holder. Nothing but some change in my pockets. I don't think the cats could have eaten the WHOLE keyring with all of that stuff on it. I do think they could have knocked it somewhere...especially Greebo.

As for keys to the freezer and mini-fridge, I have a teenager. It's the only way to ensure there will be SOMETHING left in the house to eat. No, really.

1:47 PM  
Blogger ET said...

No pockets. I was wearing a black cami, jeans (checked the pockets), and sandals. Still looking!

3:39 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Ruffian "You have keys to a garage freezer and mini fridge? You must have expensive meat."

I can't believe you didn't know ET keeps her "meat" under lock & key like a good girl.

7:43 AM  
Blogger ET said...

(rubbing chin) I wonder what they mean by that...

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home