Saturday, June 18, 2005

sigh

At about 11:35 this morning, as I am lounging around the house, my cell phone rings. My sister was having a baby shower today and I was supposed to attend. But silly me! I thought the shower was this EVENING, and so I had my day all planned out...do my nails, pedicure, fix my hair, stop and pick up a card (I aready had the perfect gift), etc...then arrive and enjoy myself. But NO! Turns out the shower was at 10:30 this morning (who has a baby shower at 10:30 on a Saturday???) and it was another of my sisters calling (an hour after it began) to say she was worried because I had not shown up yet. Uh oh. The problem seems to have arisen because 1) when my mom gave me the date of the shower I wrote it on my calendar, but she did not tell me the time, then 2) when I received the invitation I did not write it on the calendar since it was already there, hence no TIME penciled in, and 3) I confused the time with the time of the WEDDING we attended LAST weekend. Bottom line, I missed my own sister's baby shower and now I feel like shit. But I hope she had a good time and that I can make it up to her next week.

4 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

Who has a baby shower at 10:30 on a Saturday? It's against my religion to be awake before noon on a Saturday! Anyway, these things do happen. She should understand. In the very least, you would have thought someone would have called to remind you because your schedule does seem to be hectic. So see...it's all THEIR fault.

2:54 PM  
Blogger ET said...

Thanks Ruffian, that makes me feel a lot better.

11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Rachel..that's just a little too early for a shower - too late for breakfast, too learly for brunch. What were they thinking? I am curious why people do what they do....there is always a reason, even if not always apparent to the naked eye.

5:23 PM  
Blogger ET said...

It seems that everyone in my extended family (except my household: me, my husband, and my son) just LOVES to get up at the crack of dawn and be in bed by nine. I, on the other hand, am a night owl. But 10:30 does seem an odd time to me for a shower.

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home