Tuesday, June 14, 2005

I (Don't Heart) False Advertising

I am officially a handbag addict, and seriously considering turning myself in at the Louis Vuitton Clinic. The new fall lines are SLOWLY trickling into the pages of magazines and e-shopping facilities, and I am eagerly anticipating changing leaves, fuzzy sweaters, woolly boots, and the new Chloe Paddingtons...and it's not even officially summer yet.

I purchased a copy of JANE magazine from a newsstand the other day because the cover read "the tastiest bags and shoes pages and pages of 'em" and -- I believe I have mentioned -- I am a huge bag fan. So imagine my surprise when there are TWO bags in the entire magazine. In fact, once I was halfway through the issue and still had not seen anything substantial other than ads, I was beginning to wonder if they had bothered to include the magazine with the advertising! I have now finished perusing the pages, but the question has not resolved itself. Well, that's one periodical OFF my list of addictions.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

I've often had the same thought when reading a magazine. I think they should pay us to read them. Same goes for the commercials at the beginning of movies now. Who allowed that???

4:59 PM  
Blogger CrankyBiscuit said...

That's why I like Lucky Magazine. At least they're upfront about the fact they're nothing but a loose collection of ads.

6:35 PM  
Blogger ET said...

I subscribe to Lucky and Vogue, and I also love InStyle (particularly wedding issues...I am also a wedding junkie). Elle and Harpers Bazaar are great. Oh, and ShopEtc. The rest are pretty much worthless.

Celebrity Living, Life&Style and US are good for a fashion/gossip fix.

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home