Sunday, June 05, 2005

What Happened to Britney's Dog?

I admit it, I am addicted to celeb/fashion magazines and am now buying weeklies even to see who is wearing what and -- more particularly -- carrying which bag. As for the celebs themselves, we have Jessica and Nick...will they divorce? Hope not, they are just too adorable for words. Then we have Tom and Katie...what the F&%$??? Let's face it, Tom Cruise has gone off his gourd and his publicist/manager type person is either insane or has totally lost control. We also have Paris and Paris...uh, yeah. Sienna and Jude...well, she's a fashion ingenue all unto herself, but I can't seem to shake the image of Jude Law's character in "Wilde," so he kind of creeps me out. Finally, we come to Britney and Kevin...what can you say except...WHY? She recently bought her out-of-work husband a Ferrari which, according to one radio host, allegedly matches his trailer (of the PARK variety). Britney, if you are reading this, that's MY truth...can you handle it? What I want to know is, after seeing new photos of Britney holding a Chihuahua -- the dog of choice for all blonde starlet wannabes, apparently -- what happened to her other little dog? Didn't she have a Maltese? What did she do with it? Did she pull a Paris and forget she left it with the grandparents and just go buy another dog? Really...if someone knows the answer to this one please update me.

Dumb items of the day:

1. LT and I went to Albertson's today to pick up some groceries. One of the items I picked up was a deli Caesar salad with rotisserie chicken chunks. When we went to the checkout, the girl who was bagging our stuff saw the salad and asked me, quite earnestly, "Do we sell this?" Uh no...I just like to carry it around with me and recurringly pay for it at random places to see if anyone will notice. YEAH, you sell it. Oh man.

2. Automated (or SELF) checkout. Yeah. Let me pay the SAME price for my stuff, still wait in line for ten minutes, but do all of the work of scanning and bagging FOR YOU so that you can rape me on grocery prices and make an additional little profit from not having to hire adequate staff. By the way, one of the automated checkouts at Albertson's said "please use next checkout." WHAT? Even the automated ones close to inconvenience the customer? Was it on vacation?

2 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

I've wondered the same thing about Lacy, Brit's maltese. What dog did Paris pawn off on her granny?

Self checkouts are only good if you have less than 5 items and they are in perfect working order. Otherwise, they just suck donkey balls. Ruffian, the self checkers can also be fingered and licked for your pleasure. By the way, what does Ruffian mean? It reminds me of the word roughage but hopefully that's not what you meant.

8:30 PM  
Blogger ET said...

I think it was Tinkerbelle. She left the dog with her grandparents, then a few days later she realized that the dog was not following her around and panicked.

And Ruffian is the name of a racehorse.

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home