Thursday, June 02, 2005

My Gay Foot

Thank you to those of you who diagnosed my x-ray as having a RAINBOW...that was helpful. Apparently the radiologist who read my films said they are normal. However, my doctor said they are NOT. According to him, I have a fever. And the only prescription is...you guessed it! MORE COWBELL! No wait, that was something else. What he REALLY said is that there is something "additional" at the end of my fibula that should not be there, but a CT (read "cat") scan is the only way to be sure. At $1,500...with no insurance. So we will probably wait until I am in pain or have some additional reason to have the scan. In the meantime, he is taking my films somewhere else to get a second opinion. A doctor getting a second opinion. That's funny. If the radiologist to whom he refers is at the place he sent me to have the x-rays taken, however, I would not take his word either...they had the films in my hand within less than five minutes, so he could not have gone over them with any degree of "carefulness" in that time frame.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home