Sunday, May 29, 2005

Makeup Evolution

Happy first anniversary to my sister, who does not read my blog, but here it is anyway!

One of the big fashion mags recently had an article on
QVC and how they are becoming a force in the cosmetic industry. DON'T PANIC! They are not coming out with some cheap mass-produced line of their own...they are carrying big name brands like Smashbox, Philosophy, Prescriptives and Bare Escentuals. Now, I generally purchase cosmetic-related stuff from Sephora (since there is NO Smashbox, NO Philosophy -- Saks dropped them after the "us or QVC" ultimatum, NO B.E. retailer in Oklahoma -- although I don't use a lot of B.E. stuff), but every once in a while QVC has a "Today's Special Value" relating to one of these brands, and when they do...BUY IT! I just ordered the new Prescriptives TSV for spring, since I use their "Magic Powder" daily and their "False Eyelashes Plush" mascara is the ONLY mascara that doesn't make me look like Tammy Faye. Both of these are included in the kit, and by the time I pay regular retail for them, the rest of the items (a cream-to-silk blush, a cream eyeshadow, a pink lip gloss, and their Line Prevention Serum) are just icing. Yes, that's right...basically FREE with the purchase of my staple basics. I think the kit is going for $49 and change, with a retail value of like $113. You can even do an "Auto-Delivery" option so that Prescriptives (who e-mailed me a week ago to let me know about the special today) will send out a new kit (at the same price, but with new colors) for fall and another for spring 2006. Ladies, jump on this one!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lavaughn Towell said...

Whew, had me worried with the whole QVC coming out with their own line comment. At least I can shop for my eyeshadow in confidence now.

7:05 AM  
Blogger ET said...

I don't know why you would need to...you're always borrowing mine!

8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home