Friday, July 15, 2005

You know you're old when...


...this is an appealing shoe. Honestly, my ankle is now swelling so much (still with no explanation, other than my accident 17 years ago that broke it in four places!) that I cannot get into half of my shoes, and standing up teaching for 5 1/2 hours at night is somehow not helping matters. I picked up a pair of Birkenstocks a while back when I saw them at Sam's for $39 -- cheap for Birks! They ended up being really comfortable. However, they are also horrifically expensive as a general rule for "non-designer ugly shoes." As in, $136 for this pair. BUT I ran across some of these at Sun & Ski earlier today, and they are really cute! Rather than shelling out cash on the spot (and they only had one pair in my size and those were scuffed), I went online and found them at OnlineShoes.com on SALE for about $50 off. And apparently they are having a "weekend special" because they knocked another 10% off AND gave me free shipping. So, it looks like I will have a new pair of shoes to wear to teach...and they could almost pass for a loafer.

1 Comments:

Blogger ET said...

I think guys don't really wear the Birkenstocks too much, since they are just now coming out with more lines for men and I heard recently that men don't usually try them unless a woman buys them FOR them. Like UGGs. I got LT a pair of UGG chukkas for Christmas and they are his favorite shoes now. Not the most elegant shoe, but super comfy!

And I'm retaining synovial (joint) fluid, not really "water"...but even if they drain it (according to my doctor) it will just come right back unless we find out what is causing the problem. Possibly a chip of bone loose in the ankle somewhere, although I am not having the right symptoms for that, or an "addition" to the talus bone or tibia. He says reconstructive ankle surgery is probably somewhere in my future, but that my original surgeon did an excellent job given the nature of the first injury.

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home