Sunday, July 24, 2005

This Week In Review


1. Margaret Nicole wool bangle bag for fall (here with chocolate satin ribbon): I received this on Friday, and it is adorable. The size was just a bit smaller than I had anticipated which was a pleasant surprise. The wooden rings slip right over my arm and the bag is large enough to hold my cell phone, a checkbook-size wallet, and other handbag essentials. There are no interior pockets, but there is a delightful pink lining and a small magnetic snap closure. I carried the bag to a party last night and was complimented right away. I simply cannot say enough good things about this bag, or about Nicole from Margaret Nicole. My only problem is that a piece of yarn came loose, but we are working to fix that and I don't think it will be a big issue. This may be the the best buy of the year in terms of style for the price. I am waiting to hear whether the wool version will be offered in any additional colors and will keep you posted!

2. UGG Solvang Clog (Zappos.com): If you can find this shoe and you are an UGG fan, buy it. A bit pricey for a clog, but this one delivers where the Kalie and Tiburon have not...it is nice and roomy so the fleece doesn't crowd your toes, and fully lined for maximum interior fuzziness. (Note: I did have to order up a size in these, whereas with the UGG Classic Short boots I had to order down a size.) These are a bit on the heavy side, but that has not been a problem. The nice two inch heel makes them perfect for wear with longer jeans and bootcut jeans, and the gaucho leather can be wiped off with a damp cloth. After all of my recent ankle issues, I am wearing these now to teach in...and I can fit them on with my ankle brace. Love this one!

3. Birkenstock Eaton (OnlineShoes.com): This was a steal for a Birk! I scored these for about $58 off the original price during an OnlineShoes sale. They shipped the shoes free and gave me an additional 10% off the sale price during a promotion. They look more like a loafer-type shoe than the standard Birkenstock clog, and the little buckle detail is a nice touch (although not functional). The sides of these clogs come back further on my feet, so there is less worry about slippage, although this is not usually a problem with Birks due to the contoured footbed and toe bar. I will teach in these this fall, and can wear them with socks when it gets cold. The only problem I have found is that I am so short and these are flat shoes, so I won't be able to wear them with longer pants or jeans. If you have been leery of the Birks because they are ugly or you tried a wrong size, you may want to check them out again. Once you get into the correct size (mine is a size down from what I wear in every other shoe -- weird) they are heaven! And they are coming out with more fashionable designs all the time.

3 Comments:

Blogger kewpiedoll said...

Love the bag...should prolly get one of my own if you don't mind...;)

7:52 PM  
Blogger ET said...

Absolutely! Just click on the link and it will take you to the Margaret Nicole website where you can view colors, ribbons, and place an order. I love this bag!

8:21 PM  
Blogger CrankyBiscuit said...

The bag really is adorable. I far prefer the bangle bags to the clutches.

7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home