Monday, August 01, 2005

The Nightmare Before Christmas

It is now officially August, which means that "Christmas in July" has passed and it is now time to get in full swing for the real thing! I spent the better part of the weekend working out who I need gifts for, what to get them, where to find it, and how much it is going to cost. Gift ordering has commenced! Over the next few months I will begin to amass a horde of Christmas items which will take up space and must be monitored via computerized listing so I don't forget what I got and for whom...but it is a necessity because if I don't get this present thing going, I will start having my pre-Christmas nightmares. It is true. I have them. If I am not dutifully shopping by August (or so) I begin to have nightmares that it is 6:00 p.m. on Christmas Eve and all the stores are locking up for the holiday and I have not gotten anything for my son, my whole family, it varies. And it freaks me out. So, time to get cracking!

6 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

Wow! I don't do my Christmas shopping for all of my 5 people until mid-November.

7:31 AM  
Blogger CrankyBiscuit said...

I am in awe of your foresight. I always do my Christmas shopping a couple of days before the big day. And curse myself while doing it.

11:38 AM  
Blogger Lavaughn Towell said...

Bo update:

"In spite of the bad break, it appears to be smooth sailing on the career front for Bice. His first single, "Inside Your Heaven"/"Vehicle," opened at number one on the singles charts, knocking Idol winner Carrie Underwood's version of the same song down to number two."

Carrie who?

2:31 PM  
Blogger ET said...

Something in my psyche does not let me procrastinate on this ONE issue. Everything else, sure, just not Christmas shopping. Of course, as Phil Ken Sebben would say, "[Christmas] isn't a some time thing, it's an ALL the time thing!" LT and I are Christmas junkies...although last year I found the tree thing a bit annoying, we love the season and the little Christmas villages. And the COLD. Bring it on!

10:11 PM  
Blogger ET said...

I cannot believe you are still bickering over Bo and Carrie. I had forgotten all about them until you brought it up. Again.

And we must not be looking at the same charts, because, when I saw them, Bo was ranked #1 and Carrie was ranked somewhere (I can't even remember now) between #4 and #10.

But who cares? Next.

7:48 PM  
Blogger ET said...

You did bring it up...in your previous post. And I refer to the charts when the songs were released (and those little two-song CDs), not anything current. I don't follow music charts, nor do I know or care how many there are. And like I said before, I had forgotten all about Bo AND Carrie, so it's a non-issue. Just let it go. OR, better yet...how about I just say "yes, you win...Carrie is far superior to Bo" and then we can let this thing die? Will that make you happy? It is wholly irrelevant to me.

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home