Tuesday, April 05, 2005

No Breakfast at Tiffany's Here, Part I

Okay, so as I have stated before, the wasteland of Oklahoma has no Tiffany & Co. This is a travesty, I assure you, and has left me with the pressing dilemma of trying to decide whether I absolutely MUST have a Tiffany classic six-prong setting when I have my ring reset. If you have visited www.Tiffany.com, and if you are a connoisseur of "girl's best friend" you may have observed that the six-prong ring setting that every local jeweler pawns off as the "Tiffany setting" is nothing like the real thing. Hence, until this point in time I have gone with the four-prong setting (used on almost every other cut of diamond but which, when used in conjunction with a round stone, sends my jeweler into fits of distress over the possibility that a prong will come loose and my stone will disappear into some void). So, I either go with the four-prong-surely-my-diamond-will-fall-out-and-be-lost-forever OR I must consider the Tiffany six-prong setting. A "regular" six prong setting is just...well...ugly. It sits up quite high, as well, which can subject the stone to greater possibility of damage from being accidentally knocked against something. Suggestions?

5 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

I suggest becoming single again so you don't have to worry about rings like me. :) Except that I like L. And I'm sure this also relates tendencies to not care about some female things.

10:40 AM  
Blogger ET said...

I love rings, with or without the single part. So let's recap here...I should become single...you like L....HEY! I see where this is going. Just kidding. He's MINE...ALL MINE...LOL.

2:02 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

"I like him" as in "I'm used to the idea of you being married and he's like an extension of you now" NOT as in "I want your husband." I'd say this jealousy thing is "very telling," don't you think? :)

6:20 PM  
Blogger ET said...

Nah.

8:21 PM  
Blogger ET said...

MSA, she knows I am kidding. I am not really the jealous type...except in the case of certain people who fawn all over my husband constantly (including with me in the room)...but this particular person was about the mental equivalent of a bag of hammers, so it was really more of an annoyance than anything.

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home