Thursday, May 19, 2005

Sexcessories

First of all, Happy Birthday to my old pal Danny (ahem, sorry... "Dan") who probably does not even KNOW I have a blog, but there it is...

I am not having great success with accessories. First, about a week ago I was putting on a pair of earrings and the stone fell out of one. Damn. And they were less than six months old -- I think I mentioned this before. So I contacted the company and they said send them back and they will either replace them or refund my money. Fair enough, I guess. Then last night I am getting ready and I put on my new FAVORITE turquoise necklace and the damn clasp breaks! And not the part that you can fix with a pair of jewelry pliers, but pulled out of the...well, hard to explain...part that holds the clasp on. Anyway, it came from the same place that I had purchased the earrings, although it was a different "brand" sort of thing, but I had it for less than a month and already it is defective. I just don't understand it. It seems like no matter what I order, something ALWAYS goes wrong. So I am sending the earrings AND the necklace back, and a bracelet that I recently purchased (before something happens to it), and whatever else is still within the 30-day return period. This is why I buy expensive handbags. Because if you pay for quality you get quality. If you buy "costume" (non-precious) jewelry, you get crap. Same with bags. Nevertheless, I am not going to shell out a huge sum on a necklace that will probably be out of vogue in a year, but I am sad about the (at least temporary) loss of my necklace and the prospect of having to find a new one.

Also, I must amend my previous post wherein I stated that the decoration at the top of my mother-in-law's driveway was a flower from the Dollar General store. Turns out it is an angel and not a flower at all. I learned this as we arrived to pick her up for LT's belated "family" birthday party (including my teenage son, the relevance of which will shortly appear). I will not go into a lot of detail, but suffice it to say that it was at his brother's apartment which was not bad, there was no restaurant involved -- a definite plus, there was no playing of the Rodney Carrington CD (LT put his foot down this time), but...yes, there's always something...his mother hired a STRIPPER. That's right folks...a nice "lady officer" who came in saying that LT was a suspect in a recent robbery and then left sans clothing. And since I happened to be sitting next to him when this girl arrived, I got a front row seat for the show that I really am not sure I needed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home