Thursday, August 04, 2005

"Sort of" Environmentalist Soapbox

Yesterday I decided to enroll in an online payment system for my telephone bill. As a person who manages to LOSE the mail generally somewhere between the front door and a table located approximately two feet away from the front door, online bill pay has become my best friend. The phone company, apparently leery of we "onliners," has called twice with recorded messages...once to inform me that I have enrolled in online bill pay (not a bad idea in case I DIDN'T really enroll), and once to thank me for making an online payment. Sheesh. This is on top of the confirmation e-mail that I received immediately upon registration. So today I get ANOTHER e-mail thanking me for stopping my paper bills. Overkill. But since we are all online anyway, why not save the paper and the stamps by having things delivered electronically? This is much more efficient for me, since I can't really "lose" an e-bill (e-statement?), and I can keep it as new mail until I have paid it to remind me that it is due, rather than putting it in a drawer or next to the bed or on the table where the cat adopts it as his new toy and, three months down the road, I find it behind the piano or under a sofa cushion.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

Wait! You lose the mail AND your keys between the two place, right?

Did you ever find the keys?

6:49 AM  
Blogger ET said...

No. Never did find the keys. Still hoping, but not looking. They have to be somewhere in my bedroom.

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home