Monday, May 02, 2005

HALLE-F*ING-LUJAH!!!

Well, it is 5:00 a.m. Monday and I've been up ALL night, but the damn Dickinson paper is FINALLY done...in all it's 28 page glory (including two single-page inserts and the Works Cited). I have not worked this hard on a paper since law school! I cannot believe I picked a topic and actually generated 24 pages of "article quality" (I hope) text, nor that my Works Cited FILLED two entire pages on its own. But it's done. AT LAST. And it has been one of those weekends. I skipped out on my cousin's baby shower Saturday to work on the paper. Then the professor had a dinner Saturday night at his house to celebrate his "first graduate class" (teaching), so I had to attend that. (And he has the nerve to ask us if we've seen H2G2 yet! Uh...no, actually...I have this paper due...) Then Sunday was the review for the final exam in another class (nothing compared to this paper!). The paper is officially due before 5:00 p.m. today (Monday), after which there is a party to celebrate the end of the semester at ANOTHER professor's house. Then Wednesday is the actual final exam in my second class. And then I'm DONE for the sememster. Well, except for grading the final papers for MY students and trying to work up a syllabus for my class that starts next Monday, and trying to catch up on everything from the office that I have missed while chained to the Dickinson paper (for somewhere between four and five days SOLID). Happy days. Don't you just love the feeling you get after you have accomplished a MONUMENTAL task that seemed quite impossible? As some famous author once said, "I hate writing, but I love having written." Cheers!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

From the looks of things here, you still had some words left in you.. haha Congrats and enjoy what time you have off.

7:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOOHOO! ET is the shiznit!

Looks to me that you have a full plate of monumental tasks.

Speaking of a monumental task. Tonight at the monday poker tournament. I got first place again. No, im not going to Vegas yet. Yet. But, I did win 1,500 more point that could get me to Vegas. And I won a very sleek professional poker chip set. It looks like one of those cases that the IRS cares around... or atleast the IRS people that they show on tv.

Looked it up on the internet. Its only worth $149.99. Then went to Ebay and found them for $99.99. Not bad for a free tourny and the three dollars I spent on diet pepsi.

12:45 AM  
Blogger ET said...

Well, the party last night was actually FUN. I got to hang with my peeps and just NOT talk so much shop. Plus the paper being done meant that I was practically elated, despite the fact that I had had about zero sleep.

Chris, sounds to me like YOU are the sniznit! You are on your way to VEGAS, BABY! I think my neighbor has one of those poker sets of which you speak, if they weigh like 40 lbs. Good times, good times.

6:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home