Saturday, April 23, 2005

False Advertising

I have a lovely copy of Elle magazine...the April 2005 issue...with a huge section of cover text that reads "Spring's 100+ Hottest Shoes and Bags." In the Table of Contents (which generally appears at around page 30 now...what's up with that?) it lists two page numbers where I should look for these hot shoes and bags. Only, I don't see 100. I see maybe five--on the first page listed (and it's subsequent pages). On the second page listing I don't see ANY. Okay, maybe the model in the photo is wearing shoes...maybe not. But I am not seeing some fantastic lineup of must-have handbags, much less 100+. Perhaps if I could up ALL the bags and shoes (not by pair, but individually) in the entire issue it would get us up to 100, but I feel like I have been robbed. Here I am all set to dig into the latest and greatest bags that I will have to pine for or hunt down, and nada! Damn! It should read "100+ advertisements and SOME shoes and/or bags IF you can find them." Disappointed.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

Maybe they meany >$100? Then technically it wouldn't be false advertising, but it would be tricky. I really hate the "Style at any budget" section of some magazines where the original of whatever item will cost $5000 and the "budget-friendly" version is a "steal" at $2000. Yeah, I can totally afford the budget friendly!

9:10 PM  
Blogger ET said...

Definitely NOT under $100. And definitely NOT over 100 bags. But SHOP,Etc. magazine does those budget sections...they show how you can get ONE bag for $5,000 or an entire wardrobe. That's a little more practical.

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home