Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Oh Baby!

Does anyone remember the former news segment with the little guy with the mustache (Rick Wells, thanks LT) who traveled around finding weird things and asking "Hey, What's the Deal?" We could use him right now to figure out what is going on with all these pregnant people. I mean, seriously... there is a child explosion on the horizon! Now, this is good news for anyone in the baby-related-item industry, but for those of us who believe that procreation is not the best idea (and we have our reasons, trust me), this is a disturbing anomaly. If only because we are expected to provide the initial onset essentials via baby shower upon baby shower (see previous post). Hubby (LT) and I went to Sam's last weekend and there were five...yes, count them, FIVE...pregnant women in the store in a span of about half an hour. Then two more after we left, one at Barnes & Noble (by the way, there is NO "s" on the end of the "Noble"...can you STOP saying "Barnes & Nobles" PLEASE??? It really bugs those of us who can read. Thanks.), and I don't recall the final one, but they are everywhere! Like a swarm of locusts or something. Without so much of the creepy buzzing noise or worrying one might stick in your hair. Anyway. So one of my sisters acquired three foster kids in the last year, one of my cousins adopted a baby from China, another of my sisters is pregnant with twins, two of my cousins are pregnant, and my sister-in-law is "allegedly" pregnant. What gives, people? Go to a museum or something! I mean, I know there is not a lot to do in this godforsaken town, but have we ever heard of protection? I don't have TIME for all this baby stuff, and ooh-ing and ahh-ing over little creatures who scream and carry on and then grow up to be bratty over-indulged terrors. And yet they will soon be swarming everywhere...get ready for generation WHY.

6 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

I'm not expecting. Then again, I'm not having sex, either. And also, the word is supposeDly, NOT supposeBly.

7:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmm you say there's more pregnant women than usual? Woohoo! More MILF's for me! hahaha.. kidding

7:39 AM  
Blogger ET said...

Rob, what the hell is an MILF? And Rachel, I am not finding your proclaimed typo...please elaborate.

9:06 AM  
Blogger Lavaughn Towell said...

B,

MILF=Mother I'd like to F---

Obviously you aren't cruising the right sites.

11:01 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Good gosh, ET! Even I know what a MILF is. Yeah, I meant to say that it's just something that people say that annoys me--poeple that say supposebly instead of supposedly.

5:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok.. maybe MILF isn't too nice to say.. but now if the "Baby On Board" signs start showing up on mini-vans or the SUV's in the world.. I'll revolt and agree with ya.. No more babies!

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home