Friday, May 20, 2005

Oh Happy Day!

This has been, for the most part, a crappy day although I feel a great sense of accomplishment now that I have run ALL of my errands for the entire week in a three hour span of time. While I was out I decided that since my bag that I love and want for fall would not be available (in my color)for another three months that I would order a different color instead. But alas, good things really DO come to those who wait...five minutes after I called Saks San Francisco (and my salesperson was gone to lunch, as fortune would have it), I received an e-mail from a girl who does handbag consignment. Yes, Rachel...consignment. She just received the bag I have been waiting for from last fall's collection in perfect, like new condition (it even has a RED interior...perfect since the item that inspired me was the bag with brown boots and a red coat) and is willing to let it go for a substantial amount less than I would have paid for it new at Saks, Hogan, or Bergdorf's. SO, by midweek next I should have the bag in my hot little hands, some cash still in my pocket, and an end to my obsession. For now. In the immortal words of the Gnoll, "H't D'gg'ty."

5 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

Consignment? GASP!!! And will you take that extra cash and throw it over this way, please?

10:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

consignment on bags? you've got to be kidding me.. I wonder what that same bag would go for on ebay... starting bid?

5:38 AM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Having not much use for a handbag, myself ... is there any good pizza in Oklahoma! I am a 'dang Yankee from back east' living in Texas, so I can sympathize with you plight ... at least, a little.

Enjoyed visiting your blog. Thanks for sharing with us.

9:53 AM  
Blogger ET said...

All hail the newcomer, Jeff. And to answer your question there is NO good pizza in Oklahoma. Pizza Hut used to have a "Big New Yorker" which was about as close to anything decent as you could find, but they have discontinued it for some reason. They did just come out with some kind of pizza that has triple-cheese stuff in the crust, and we tried it and the "main" pizza part is similar to the New Yorker, so you might give that a try. But as for REAL pizza here, no way! Come see us again!

11:52 AM  
Blogger ET said...

Well, she is a collector of both modern and vintage bags,and occassionally consigns high-end handbags for women who buy the "latest thing" at the moment when the latest thing COMES OUT (i.e., not five months later when the news trickles down to the midwest via fashion mags), carries it about three times, then moves on to something new. Ah, the joy of living in Manhattan! So yes, technically consignment. The upshot is that I get a bag in like-new condition but that has started to "break in" (great bags just get better with age!), it is less than a year old, and I get to knock $300 off the purchase price. Everybody's happy. = )

12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home