Saturday, August 06, 2005

This Week In Review, Part 1 of 4



It has been a fruitful week, so this week's TWIR section has been broken down into four parts over Saturday AND Sunday. Fall is on the horizon, and I am shopping! Normally I don't list particular clothing items on the site (except for accessory items, of course), but this was too good an opportunity to pass up.

First, the Annette gloves from Cole Haan. These are almost everyting I expected them to be. The color is a bit darker than I had hoped for, but they are beautiful. The FedEx guy left the package with a neighbor, so I opened the box next door and they ooohed and aaahed over them. One note, however...undo the braiding before you slide these beauties on. It is simple to do, and will make donning the gloves much easier. Now on to the sweaters.

As I have said before, I am a sweater fiend. I also have about twenty camis, so cute cardigans to slip over the cami on a not-so-warm day seemed like a great idea. These came from L.L. Bean. Yes, you read it right...L.L. Bean. The lilac and spruce colors (top left and right) are "Swift River" cardigans and a huge bargain at $29.50 each. The aqua essential turtleneck is a lovely cross between mint and Tiffany blue-green. At $69, the "Air Light" turtleneck in Blue Ridge is the most expensive (sweater) of the lot, but I have been looking for the perfect blue turtleneck for a year and a half and this one fits the bill. Sometimes great finds come from unexpected places, and L.L. Bean (a throwback to my college days of wandering State Parks for fun and research) is a company second to none for quality control, customer service, and standing behind their products. Give them a look!

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

Love the gloves. I need to go shopping someday. The last time I bought any clothes was back in May!

As for the sweaters, I can't really tell. I like the tile, though.

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home