Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Bring out the Violins...

Yes, I am deeply saddened by the fact that, as a result of working on my final article/paper for History and Theories of the Book (which took a good solid four days to write, at least -- and not including the research), I have a TINY little paycheck coming to me from the office. Actually it was supposed to come to me on the first, but that's how engrossed I have been with this paper -- I didn't even go GET it! I am now trying to work in a bunch of stuff that could be considered either "last-minute" or "finally gotten around to" to compensate for the hours I missed and try to resurrect some hope of financial gain. The good/bad news is that I don't think my full-summer class at the junior college is going to make, so I may have a whole month and a half off from teaching. And no university classes either! What ever will I do with myself with all of that free time? I might (and let's hope LT's not reading this) even be able to get around to doing some (gasp!) housework! And getting caught up at the office. Perhaps I can even exceed my ten-hour-a-week billing and actually make some extra cash (to compensate for the loss of the class, of course). Either way, it will be a HUGE difference from the past semester (even IF the class makes). I think I will celebrate by going to see H2G2 this weekend. Between, of course, my sister's boyfriend's graduation and after party and Mother's Day. See? It's always something...

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is H2G2?

MOTHERS DAY!!! UGH! I cant forget that. Going to have to get a string on my finger before I get a rope around my neck. Then seven days after Mothers day is my Mothers birthday. And its like that every year!(obvious statement)

But, my b-day is in a few weeks too. woohoo! I'll be 103 years young!

4:05 PM  
Blogger ET said...

H2G2 is HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy. And I don't think you're 103...however, I would like to know why you chose THAT particular number...

4:17 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

My birthday is December 27. THAT sucks!

9:12 PM  
Blogger ET said...

(singing) Happy Birthday to You...Happy Birthday to You...Happy Birthday Dear LV/RUFFIANNNNNnnnnn...HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!!!

Sorry I forgot. = ( I am a bad girl, so for your birthday you can spank ME. LOL. Of course, I don't recall you remembering MINE...but I still love you more than my luggage.

10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was watching... I think it called The Today show or Early show.. it was one of those.

Anyway, they where doing birthdays and you have to be atleast 100 to get your picture on the screen(im guessing).

They where mostly women. One man was on there and he was 103 years old. Looked to me that he was in his 80's. I want to live to be atleast 100. That would be sweet. Then if I die(I say if bcause I dont want to face my mortality)just boil me in formaldehyde and sculpt me into a piece of art.

Sick to some, immortality to others.

http://www.bodyworlds.com/en/pages/ausstellung_asien.asp


oh yeah, and I will be twenty four years old.

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.bodyworlds.com/en/pages/
ausstellung_asien.asp

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home