Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Highlights

LT and I live in what you might call a "family" neighborhood. This means that, at any given hour where there is semi-daylight, there are children out and about...most of them in the street and often not having a healthy respect for cars. As we were driving last night to pick up take-out, we encountered several of these hordes of children and also a toe-headed boy of about seven on a bike and his sister (presumably...same white-blonde hair and facial features) of about three on foot. As we got closer, the little girl went into the street -- maybe about three feet or so. The boy LEAPT off of his bike, letting it fall to the ground and by mid-fall (of the bicycle) had caught his sister and pulled her out of the road. She was not in any "real" danger, as we were still far back and were going quite slowly, but what a charming act! And particularly given the young age of the boy jumping to save his sister.

On another note, about two and a half weeks ago my neighbor put "highlights" in my hair for a wedding. Yesterday I decided I had to color my hair. Not serious color...just a hint of red (as recommended by LT and my neighbor as the ONLY color that would not wash me out complexion-wise), and I didn't leave it on for probably more than 10 (of the recommended 25) minutes because I do not like ending up with flaming hair, which is what generally happens when I use ANY haircolor. For some reason my hair just wants to be red. Anyway, my light blonde highlights are now a strawberry-blonde and a little too close to my overall color. So I may have to inquire about having him add some of the lighter ones back in. I miss them.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

See, I always wanted a bigger brother to pull me out of the road. What did I get, though? Two much younger brothers that are great.

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home