Saturday, August 06, 2005

This Week In Review, Part 2 of 4



It is simply not possible to enter into fall without a pumpkin candle. Having recently run low on all of my favorites, I have just completed "autumn restocking" on candles for the house.

First, Trapp candles. These are an absolute necessity for me, and apparently no one in Tulsa is selling them anymore. They are generally found in little hoity-toity boutique stores, but apparently customers complained that they could be had cheaper online, so the stores just stopped ordering them entirely. This left me in a sort of a predicament, since I wanted one NOW and because it is so hot that they were in danger of melting in transit. However, I found a company that packed the candles in ice for shipping and guaranteed their safe arrival, so all is now well. On the right side of the photo is the one must-have Trapp candle...No. 4 in Orange-Vanilla. This is absolute heaven and makes my whole house smell amazing. Unlike some other citrusy candles (Williams-Sonoma, for instance), it does not smell like a cleaning product.

On the left is the new Trapp fragrance "Snowflake." This was described as smelling "like Christmas." Well, I am not sure exactly how Christmas is supposed to smell, but being a big fan of the season, snowflakes, and the adorable packaging, I decided to give it a try. The fragrance is hard to describe...almost a muted fir in combination with something soft. But I like it. And I am hard to please. No "seashore" or "blueberry muffin" candles for me, thanks.

Last but definitely not least, we come to the pumpkin candle from Bath & Body Works. This is a White Barn creation, and is aptly entitled "The Perfect Autumn Pumpkin." My husband and I are both addicted to these. Since we were in the vicinity of a Bath & Body Works last night we dropped in on the off chance that fall items would have begun to trickle in. Lucky for us, they had indeed. I even had a coupon with me! If you love the smell of pumpkin pie or spiced pumpkin, this is an absolute must. And the fragrance carries as the candle is burned. Yummy. They also will have room spray for the fall (not in yet) and an oil for burning. Stock up while you can. On second thought...leave them all for us!

6 Comments:

Blogger Chriswab said...

Great page!!! Greatings from Germany!!!

10:51 AM  
Blogger ET said...

Welcome Chris...thanks so much! My mother-in-law is from Germany, and my husband lived there for a time, as well.

11:22 AM  
Blogger Alcuin Bramerton said...

Is it possible that we are drawn to candle flames because the flickering flame-forms we see are reminders of the flickering flame-forms of angels? And the company of angels is what we most need at this time?

11:52 AM  
Blogger ET said...

Douglas Adams said (via his character Dirk Gently) that we need the flickering, dancing shapes to gaze into to clear our minds...that this is why people would stare into a fire, or the rolling waves of the sea, but furnaces have replaced most fires now and the sea is polluted. Perhaps candles provide a smaller scale flame to get lost in. And they smell great and are very flattering to the skin (for a romantic evening).

11:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OSCon 2005 wrapup
Nat Torkington and his team did a superb job choosing topics for the O'Reilly Open Source Convention.
Interesting stuff going on here. Keep it up.

Check me here cherry cheesecake recipeif you wish:-)

12:40 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I don't get how you have so many random people post advertising their site...but I'll definitely have to get a pumpkin candle now!

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home