Sunday, August 07, 2005

This Week In Review, Part 4 of 4



MAC for Luella Bartley: Tinted Lip Moisturizer. MAC teamed up with Luella Bartley to create two new limited editions colors (Pink Pink to make the Boys Wink and Trot on, which are a soft pink and apricot, respectively) in special Luella-friendly containers. Since the pink was SOLD OUT from our Sak's store (this is a Sak's exclusive), I had to find a location that had it and pay an exhorbitant amount to have it shipped in the pink. The apricot I have ordered directly from MACcosmetics.com. Like all MAC products, this is divine. I ordered two in each color so I may never run out.

Philosophy Cinnamon Buns: Now in industrial size! QVC has the exclusive on the 32 oz. Cinnamon Buns 3-in-1 shampoo, shower gel and bubble bath. As a long time fan of Cinnamon Buns, I have restocked my dwindling supply and am happy as a clam. (32 oz. also available now in "Amazing Grace" 3-in-1 and "Purity" face cleanser.)

Bobbi Brown Clay Kit for Fall: Nordstrom "Beauty Extras" exclusive, and no longer available (you can try eBay). I love the fall kit. Includes a tawny blush, malted shimmer shadow, clay lip color -- moisturize lips first! --, naked lip liner (fabulous!), and two mini brushes in a faux leather clay zipper case. I love the colors in this kit. Very autumn outdoorsy looking. Bobbi has a great makeup philosophy (which I have been reading about in her book "Bobbi Brown Beauty"): less is more, and the "natural looking" you is better than spending four hours trying to use every makeup artist's trick. I am stocking up on her products.

Bobbi Brown Style File: Neiman Marcus exclusive from LAST fall, purchased NIB on eBay. Since I missed out on the "Slopes" palette and I wanted a refillable palette to put all my stuff in to keep track of it, this had everything I was looking for: Sandwash Beige Lip Color, Sandwash Pink Lip Gloss, Tan Eyeshadow, Slopes Blush, Black Everything Mascara, and the little plastic palette to fit it all in WITH an extra 6 Pan Palette insert. In combination with the Clay kit for this fall, these colors are absolutely gorgeous.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

Hmm...cinnamon buns. I know what I'm askin' for for Christmas!

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home