Friday, July 01, 2005

And We Did See the Fall Lines...

...and they were good! Leather and suede and cashmere...oh my! Yes, the glorious people at ShopEtc. have graced us with a taste of fall. Green is still strong (maybe I'll get a chance to break out that Hogan Weekend bag after all!), as are the metallics, earth tones and textures are in, and the designers are creating fabulous outfits. The fall Kooba line is available for preview, and hopefully the Hogan collection will follow directly. I already have my eye on an amazing pair of leather and cashmere gloves from Cole Haan, and it's still 100 degrees outside. Girls, get out those wallets and prepare to shop!

4 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

I AM getting out my wallet and shopping...it's just that I'm shopping for a mattress and vacuum first.

10:29 PM  
Blogger ET said...

Oh oh oh...I have to recommend the Dyson vacuum for you. I know, I know, it's expensive, but trust me...I have been around and paid an exhorbitant amount for other "good" vacuums, and you can get the basic model Dyson for about $399 at Sharper Image. Do. Or, if you want the more "pet accommodating" model, get the one at Sam's (this is what we have -- less expensive than SI with the pet hair feature for furniture). This vacuum is incomparable. It will suck an animal out of your carpet. I love, love, love mine, and my mother swears by (instead of at) hers. They are the greatest, and well worth the money.

No bags to buy, the filters (and it comes with a spare) are washable (so you have one while the other is drying), hands-free emptying, HEPA, allergy-friendly, and unbelievable power.

6:01 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

When I got my last crappy vacuum I copied the Consumer Reports. They ranked Dysons at like #13. I was surprised because everyone does swear by them.

3:50 PM  
Blogger ET said...

Yes, my sister keeps touting some "other" vacuum because it can change lightbulbs and whatnot in addition to vacuuming. Seems like more gadgets to break, to me...and I think I can change a lightbult easier than trying to adapt a vacuum to somehow do it. We have had the Dyson for a while, and my mom has had hers for probably a couple of years. They rock. And there is no additional stuff to continually buy for them (bags, filters, whatever).

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home