Sunday, May 08, 2005

Interesting Things That I've Learned Today

Today has been a day of learning, indeed. The first thing I learned was, if you have a keyboard on a tray that slides out from under your desk, you should NOT set your drink on that keyboard tray. This I learned the hard way when I moved the keyboard JUST enough to knock my glass over, spilling Dr. Pepper (which I am almost out of -- even worse!) all over the tray, the carpet, and down the sleeve of my cashmere sweater. How nice. Thank heavens for my Bissel carpet cleaner. The second thing I learned is that apparently cashmere repels water. This is VERY good news, seeing as how the sleeve of my cashmere sweater was full of soda. So, I ran to the sink and stuck the inside of my sleeve under the faucet (thinking that I would at least rinse the soda OUT of the sleeve before having to send the damn thing to be dry cleaned). Oddly enough, the arm just started to balloon with water, and then I dumped the sleeve back into the sink and everything was gone...turned the sleeve inside out, gave it a good shake, and Voila! no more liquid of any kind! The third thing I have learned today is that UGG has just created two (at least) new colors in their classic short boots including...FINALLY...a grey! Yes kids, you heard it here first! Oh, and they've raised their prices $10 on the classic shorts. But for the most part, happy days.

4 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

See...if you shop at lowbrow consignment stores and places in the mall where you won't find anything >$100 like me, soda becomes less of an issue. :)

6:12 PM  
Blogger ET said...

I paid less than $100 for it. Sometimes I can find a great deal... AMD used to say that I could walk into a department store and they'd pay ME to take their merchandise.

6:14 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I have no idea who AMD is unless the D stands for devil. Then we're gettin' somewhere.

9:18 PM  
Blogger ET said...

ATM, sorry. AMD is someone else, but you don't know her.

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home